No announcement yet.

Shaffer’s Sporty Chop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s 90% welded up. Have just a few spots to finish welding that I couldn’t get to in the jig. Got it pulled out n started to get it ready to check the length of new tubes before having my customer order them. Only hold up is he took the rear wheel to swap out the tire. Though it’s back as of yesterday. Hope to throw it on tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Got the rear wheel on and the engine is in, at least temporarily. It’s a tight fit going in/out. Looks like 4+ forks will work but 6+ would have it sitting pretty. Been talking to TheBCB about getting a set from cobalt cycle. I like to spend my $ with anti a flys whenever I get a chance as many have spent their with me! Need to measure current tubes to be sure we get right 1s.
      Lots more to do but always cool seeing them as a (I use the term loosely) roller. It sure is long!

Comment

• Cisco
        Cisco commented
        Editing a comment
        How much do you generally charge for frames? I have an 05 I eventually want to fix up and was just wondering, more or less, what something like this would run?

• Kgi4x4
        Kgi4x4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cisco shot u a pm.

Comment

Comment

Been slacking on updates.
          Painted it black so he didn’t have to roll a rusty frame till it’s time to powder coat. The frame had little to no clearance to rear head. I knew I was cutting it close but it was to close for assuring clearances if I’m not the only one to pull/install it. Followed the contour of the v.c. And plated it back with 3/16.
          Mike came over just before I started on sissy bar. Glad he did cuz hes changing the fender outfit a trailer fender. He also wants some “twist” in the sissy. Not much but enough to kno it went through the forge. I always like a bit of a challenge. Decided to use 3/4” round n square it up for a couple inches of twist here n there. He has plans to mount a sheet metal skull to it... thinking I’ll incorporate the twist into a few more pieces so it flowsthrough the whole bike.
          He also liked set of zombie performances 9” riserless apes, so we ordered them up. I could make them but as busy as it is round here I figure it’s easier to just order them! And they look cool on it! Also got a Frisco bung for stock type(pingle) petcock healread had.
          Still have a long way to go but chipping away at it!

Comment

Spent some more time on this, this morning. Got it back on the bench for my backs sake. Tough getting it there didn’t feel that great.
            Found out I ordered axle plates meant for 7/16 sissy bar bolts. Have to order a pair of counter bore bungs for that and didn’t want to start the sissy till I have the front forks in. So I moved on to busy work. Hung brake side peg and controls, rear brake master and exhaust.
            Then I moved on to hacking up his perfectly good fuel tank. Basically he wants it Frisco’ed short of putting in a new bottom. Leaving the rear rubber dumbbell mount and filling the front tunnel as well as lowering the mounting tabs so it sits level on frame. Also wants a single centered fill/cap.

Comment

Got the 4+ fork tubes from cobalt cycle aka TheBCB. I ordered some fork seals from the local hacks quite some time ago. May be time to just order them myself. Think I tell myself “I’ll never go back to them” every time I go there. Mabey some day I’ll mean it!
              relocated one of the fillers to front center of the tank and filled 2 factory filler holes as well as all hole in bottom. Have yet to weld in the Frisco bung at back of tank, waiting to get it mounted 1st. Still need to make front mount tabs and fill in the tunnel. Tank had an 1/8-1/4” of filler across the top especially at the seam!
              Hoping that next week I can put in a few solid days on it. I would like to see it standing on its on by next Friday but we will see what the week brings.

Comment

• TheBCB
                TheBCB commented
                Editing a comment
                Again, huge thank you for the support 🙏 Can't wait to see it all together. 🍻

Got a bit more done on this. Filled the tunnel in the tank. It’s only for looks but it what he wants. Used a teardrop mallet to form it a bit to keep bindi to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
              X