Hipertension Del Gordo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hipertension Del Gordo

Heres my new ride, its a 1989 ultra classic electroglide. It still has the original paint. I paid 2900$ for it. The plan when i bought this, was to clean it up, and fix whats wrong, then sell it for as much as i can possibly get, but man im falling in love. The evo motor is strong, with recent work. SS e carb, new cam, lifters,pushrods, and head work. The 5 speed is crunchy, one of the saddle bag lids is broke, and the dash has a hole in it were the sterio mounts. Now i can learn to repair fiberglass, and plastic. Repairing the 5 speed will be fun, the only thing im lacking there is the press. The paint is some what scrached up, but thats 30 year old paint, so i would like to learn how to bring back the shine. This will be good for me, an outlet for my passion. Im very exited about this bike. Ill be asking for advice as i go along.

That will make a great lane splitter!!! Jk! Nice scoot!

Comment

Aint no ride like a electraglide , thats a keeper 🍻

Comment

Im starting out with covering this seat. I got some carving tools, and enough cowhide for mistakes.
        i went for a little ride on this bike, evan tho i know the tranys shot. I couldnt help my self. It felt like i was riding a washing machine compaired to my dyna, or my sporty, that, also fom the growling gearbox. I was happy, and I felt like the king ding a ling.
        these eary evos have the woodruf key mainshaft,, and clutch. Will 90's evo mainshaft, and gears fit this case?, and if so i guess ill need a new cluth basket. I still dont have any books.

Comment

I got some mized, and i cussed at it. Now i have a customized motorcycle seat going on. The pad is shoe sole rubber. It has a little bit of give to it. Can you imagine riding that bare pan in Nevada, in the summer time? It would be like sitting in a frying pan. I still got some work to do on it.
          i can partially answer my own question, the keyed mainshaft is fourteen inches long, and the later splined shaft is about thirteen, and a half. I think, thirteen fourty six, but weather, or not if the gears will swap out, i haven't found that answer, yet.

Comment

To convert the 85-89 tapered shaft 5 speeds to a splined shaft requires using the 1990 only mainshaft HD# 35042-90 or Andrews# 296900. The 91-up 5 speeds use a different Main Drive Gear and the shaft diameter is different on those later models.

Comment

• Opated
              Opated commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your knowledge bcb. Thats a big help. Later in the week il be heading up to Everett to see my daughter, maybe i can talk her in to giving me a ride up to Skagit country, cobalt cycles to say high, and see if you have some parts for sale.

• TheBCB
              TheBCB commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll be in tomorrow but I'm out Thursday and the shop closes at 1 on Friday this week so I can get all the pins, screws, and plates installed in my ankle 🙄. I'm hoping to be in Saturday but we'll see. Otherwise, feel free to swing by but excuse the mess as we're prepping for a massive building remodel. It's always rad to meet flies in person!

Ever gone to a restaurant, the meal was ok, but could be just a little bit better, after your finished, the waitress hands you the bill, and ask's "how was your meal"?, so you answer " it'll make a turd". Well, here it is, it'll make a turd. I think ill paint it black.

Comment

Nice!!! Black leather dye is pretty reasonably priced and not to hard to find...

Comment

Im exited, i bought a transmission. It gets delivered on the 18th.
                In some ways it takes a long time to recover from a major medical event. It was a year ago i had my heart valve replaced. I used to be strong, but now, it took me all day to remove the big old dual ground pounders, the starter, and stuff like that. Im having fun with this bike.

Comment

Working...
                X