Fatkat’s lo buck build off triumph

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatkat’s lo buck build off triumph

Ok here it is my project for the build off , 70 tr6 front hoop with a factory metal works hardtail , I bought it as a basket case for $800 from a freind and have a total of $999.99 in it currently, i had the girder and a ton of other old chopper shit in my stash that’ll get raided plenty for the budget side of it , motor is a 69 t120r with a single carb head and was supposedly a runner not to long ago , electrical gremlins and sketchy build standards is why it was disassembled, hopefully i can make this old pile whole again

Get some! Excited to see all these builds!

Comment

Whooo! Love me some satellites! Got a set I've had squirreled away for years going on my shovel build. Or maybe I'll throw them on my sporty for this build and we can be twinsies from across the pond.

Comment

This is the stance i want but unfortunately I can’t run this rear wheel, it’s a Harley wheel and way to wide , so the hunt for a cheap triumph 16” rear begins ......

Comment

Originally posted by Fatkat View Post
          This is the stance i want ...
          Yes.......

http://selectedgrub.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just a thought, when I used the Harley wheel in my 50 Scout it was too wide so I put the disc on the shorter flange then made an offset sprocket. Narrowed it from not sliding into place to just clearing.
            Dusty

Comment

• Fatkat
              Fatkat commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll see what i can do , I really want to run these satellites 📡 🛰

Lookin good Dilly!! Can't be that difficult to make that rear wheel work. Seen lots of Harley wheels on Commie bikes!!! 😁

Comment

Noice!!! Can’t wait to see this come together Dilly!!

Comment

Made some beer box templates for the oil tank mounts that I’ll cut out of 1/4 plate

Comment

• TheBeardedGringo
                  TheBeardedGringo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  1/4 might be a little over kill for those mounts. I used 10 gauge on mine and havent had an issue yet. I made the same style mount for by oil tank.

Was looking back through the Nakiaye build and I not only moved the rotor to the short flange I used a Honda rotor because of the thick hub I could machine to the offset I needed. Then I cut a couple of sprockets apart and welded them with the offset I needed.
                Dusty

Comment

Dude that girder 👍

Comment

• Dusty-Dave
                    Dusty-Dave commented
                    Editing a comment
                    More pics of that girder would be tits.

I'm doing a PNP girder in the CB

Comment

Come on....where are the updates? The clock is ticking.

Comment

• Fatkat
                      Fatkat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know, I know, but i work a TON of overtime,, also still searching for a 16” rear wheel and trying to win eBay auctions, its not always easy finding chopper gold for cheap but sometimes i get lucky

So here’s the current tally, im using a lot of stuff I already had like the girder , wheels “still searching for a 16” rear” , seat , tank , fender , and the bars and throttle came with the bike , still not sure of what kind of brake setup im gonna run but ive got a bunch of parts for both drum and disc , just depends on what kind of wheel i find

Comment

What kind of 16 are you needing? I’m guessing there is a Harley wheel kicking around here if that’s what you’re looking for.

Comment

• Fatkat
                        Fatkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’ve got a few Harley wheels but im lookin for either a triumph spoke , satellite, or invader
                    Working...
                    X