No announcement yet.

Well, guess my riding season's over...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, guess my riding season's over...

Went for what was supposed to be a 200 mile ride this morning with TeaPain887 to the Tacoma Breakfast Club meeting. Instead, I lost traction on the rear of the springer on an on ramp and lowsided into a wall. Ass end of the bike is fucked along with the tank, primary, and a few other pieces. My left foot got pinned between the bars and the tank and she drug me along for a minute. Luckily, I only got a mildly broken ankle and some bumps and bruises. Fucking sucks but I'm lucky overall. Hope the rest of you bastards are having a better year than I am 🙄

Always room on my seat.
    Biscuits and gravy.

Comment

• TheBCB
      TheBCB commented
      Editing a comment
      Mayhaps...mayhaps there is...

Throw away the pain pills,,, no wait,,, sell the pain pills on the streat, and get crutches, not one of those little scooter things. It will make you stronger.
    my simpathys to your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Opated View Post
      Throw away the pain pills,,, no wait,,, sell the pain pills on the streat, and get crutches, not one of those little scooter things. It will make you stronger.
      my simpathys to your bike.
      Only pain pills I'm on are ibuprofen and acetaminophen and I've already got crutches.

Comment

Damn dude. Couldn't handle that power or what!!! Jaja. Glad it wasn't worse man. Riding season is almost over anyway 😁

Comment

Damn man that fucking blows. Heal well, and at least the cold months are coming.....
          Just out of curiousity how olds the rear tire? My father in law was just going on about not trusting anything over five years old. Which sounds reasonable but some of them have had a year or more shelf time before you even get them. Like I said just curiousity.
          Hang tough man.

Comment

Originally posted by motorhead_smf View Post
            Damn man that fucking blows. Heal well, and at least the cold months are coming.....
            Just out of curiousity how olds the rear tire? My father in law was just going on about not trusting anything over five years old. Which sounds reasonable but some of them have had a year or more shelf time before you even get them. Like I said just curiousity.
            Hang tough man.
            I don't know. The bike isn't mine and I'd imagine it's not fresh by any means but there was no weather checking on it and it rode great in September when we did the Oyster Run. I'll be putting fresh skins on both ends regardless when the time comes to put her back together.

Comment

• motorhead_smf
              motorhead_smf commented
              Editing a comment
              He was claiming the rubber breaks down and the possibility of getting loose goes way up. The man has hundreds of thousands of miles so I tend to listen to him. And it made me think of my sporty which the tire still has tread left and looks good but does break loose on me way more often than my other scoots....... just made me think about what he said again, I was drinking when we were talking and this reminded me of the conversation.
              🍻

• TheBCB
              TheBCB commented
              Editing a comment
              What ends up happening is the natural oils that keep the rubber soft and sticky in essence "evaporate" leaving you a rather hard and brittle compound. In time, as the tire dries out even more, we see that cracking in sidewalls or the tread patch. Many tires that are stored incorrectly by distributors and shops will suffer from this condition at an accelerated rate well before it's even on your wheel. I cringe at the way I see some places store their tires but some people don't want to hear they're putting people in high risk situations and are possibly ripping people off by selling tires that will only last a quarter of their intended life for full price...🤷♂️

Well, 11 more hours and I'm going in for new hardware to hold my ankle together. Hopefully it's smooth sailing. Or I'll be a pirate for every Halloween from now on... 🤷♂️

Comment

Forsure don't go back the the same doctor and ask him to fix your walking cast that you just broke kickstarting the same Sporty that broke it in the first place. He carried on like I'd got his daughter preggers or sumptin. On a slightly more serious note they are saying a minimum of 6 months before I can ride so you will probably beat me.
              Dusty

Comment

I got really lucky. My doctor was originally talking about the possibility of a plate and multiple screws but he got it all dialed in with one screw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_2093745504018091.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	37649

Comment

• Kgi4x4
                  Kgi4x4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! Grab a cup of concrete n get back to work!!!

• Cisco
                  Cisco commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did he at least pull your hair and spank your ass whilst he screwed you?😘
              Working...
              X