Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do?

What's everybody here do for a living?
    I bend wrenches for Caterpillar nowadays, done everything from Ford dealership to over the road truck mechanicing to heavy equipment shit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	807.0 KB
ID:	37754

Name:	
Size:	700.6 KB
ID:	37755
    Attached Files
    Machining block Testing trans
    I'M THE PINKY NIGGA!! I AIN'T GOT TIME FO' YO' JIBBA JABBA FOOL!!

I have survived long enough to retire, and collect my social security. I am one who always said i would not ever get that, yet i do, and so will most of you all. I started out by roughnecking in the patch, then i moved on to a long and exiting carrier as a structural industrial carpenter, and a concrete mason. Later, i pushed crews. I have built a small chunk of america, from large industrial complex, hydro electric dams, to dog houses. Hang in there working men.

Comment

• Ramzy
      Ramzy commented
      Editing a comment
      At what age did you manage to say take this job and shove it? Im piling all the extra money I can into my retirement plan at work with hopes of retiring semi early but ive got a long road ahead.

Started my adult life building race cars with a NASCAR team, headed west after the recession and became a roughneck in the oilfield to pay the bills, had a daughter and decided my time was more valuable than big paychecks so I became a special education teacher to spend summers with her. I work with students that have severe disabilities and exhibit extremely aggressive behaviors.

Name:	10153691111667012.jpg
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	37760
    Last edited by Oxblood; 12-17-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Kgi4x4
      Kgi4x4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Too cool! Good on ya!

• Ramzy
      Ramzy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's fucking awesome dude

Guess I’m a hustler...I do lots of jobs. Sometimes I’m a timber faller and logger. Sometimes I’m a mechanic. Sometimes I’m a fabricator, ranch hand, blacksmith, knife maker. Even pretend to be a Mexican brush cutter named Paco from time to time!
    Think I’m screwed on any “retirement” as I never though I would make it to retirement age...starting to realize I probly will n regretting not planning for it!

Comment

• Ramzy
      Ramzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Man there's been so many times I've wanted to head to the woods and fall trees for a living. Most all my family are loggers or do tree work. I'd love to be in the woods all day but it's a hard job to grow old in. I tip my hat to you Kevin.

Aircraft mechanic for the Air Force , kc135 stratotankers “nobody kicks ass without tanker gas” 🇺🇸

Comment

Started turning wrenches professionally in 1969, worked lots of stuff but mostly heavy equipment. Retired in 2010 and work harder on the honey do-s, full time caregiver and projects than when I had a job.
      Dusty

Comment

Unfortunately after spending 5 months living with TheBeardedGringo trying to have his family adopt me as his mentally handicapped bastard child, I had to keep busting nuts and mashing buttons back down in San Fransicko. Living my auto mechanic dreams to the fullest. Other than that, I'm independently wealthy from a large inheritance and only work so I have something to do besides hookers and coke.
        Biscuits and gravy.

Comment

I'm usually busting my knuckles on cars and trucks during the day! At night I'm a professional beer drinker and part time fixer of anything my wife and father inlaw break during the day on the farm!!

Comment

I work for a few tool company's as a rep, More for the family time than the pay. I have 3 boys under 5 and a garage full of underfunded projects.
            Posts while cruisin....

Comment

What do I do for a living?

Collect rent on the chopper bros' heads I live in.

Comment

• Ramzy
                Ramzy commented
                Editing a comment
                Sponsored by Lawsons Liquids

I check tire pressure on motorcycles for a living to cover up the fact that I'm secretly El Chapo...

Comment

I’m a street walker in Watts.;*

Comment

• Kgi4x4
                  Kgi4x4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Making the big bucks!!!

I'm about that HVAC life. Seriously though...it's probably the best career move I've ever made. More money, less brain cells. The building trades are 10x easier than tab work. So I get to use my money to buy fun stuff.

Comment

• PIG
                  PIG commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You speak the truth, my friends rub it in all the time. Fucking auto mechanic, what was I thinking?

I'm a heavy haul truck driver in the oilfield. Been driving trucks for 13 years now. Class AM-CDL-X endorsement. Money is pretty decent and I'm home every night. I've only worked 3 Saturdays this year. Before that i was a fitter/welder at the chemical plant. I have a hard time working in a plant environment so I bailed on that after 4 years. Well, we all got layed off but I was sick of plant life so it was a good thing. The ol lady is a 20 year facilities management supervisor at the nuke plant. We ain't rich but we ain't hurtin either.

Comment

PIG yeah I almost went down that path. Sure glad I didn't though. My brother did. He is just too young to get it haha.

Comment

• PIG
                    PIG commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The golden lining is that a lot of shops need good techs, so if you are halfway decent and not a fuck up you are guaranteed work just about any where at any time.
                Working...
                X